How to use keyboard shortcuts to manage comments in WordPress
Keyboard shortcuts are disabled by default. If you wish to activate each user,
log in to your admin panel and click on the Users tab and open the user’s profile by clicking on their username.
Check on the box to enable the Keyboard Shortcuts.
Now that you have enabled the keyboard shortcuts, select the comment using the j or k keyboard buttons as listed below:
- j – selects/highlights the first comment. Pressing on the j button again moves the select to the next comment.
Pressing on the j button moves the current selection down.
If you come to the bottom of the page and press j again, it will take you to the next page and the first comment will be highlighted.
- k – selects/highlights the first comment. Pressing on the k button moves the current selection up.
If you press k button at the top of a comment page, it will take you to the previous page, selecting the comment at the bottom of that previous page.
- a – approves the selected comment.
- u – unapproves the selected comment.
- s – marks the selected comment as spam.
- d – moves the selected comment to the trash.
- z – restores selected comments from the spam or trash folder.
- r – initiates an inline reply to the selected comment.
- q – activates “Quick Edit” for the selected comment.
- e – opens the edit screen for the selected comment.
To perform an action on multiple comments all at once, you will need to first select the comments for bulk action using the j or k button, then press the x button to check the box.
Press and hold the Shift key, then select of the action keys (e.g. a, u , s, t, z). Please note that t is used for deleting.